A few weeks ago, a stack of t-shirts showed up on the bed. It seems that DH had cleaned his t-shirt drawer and deemed several of them unwearable. Originally, I was planning to donate them to Goodwill, but when I looked through, I came across this Harley Davidson t-shirt:
One from Daytona Bike Week 2007 and several solid colors, including this red one.
Rather than donate them, I decided to put my Farbemix Quiara pattern to good use. If you've ever shopped at a Harley Davidson store, you know how expensive their merchandise is, especially in the kid's section.
I wanted to keep the Harley Davidson shirt in the Harley colors, so I grabbed this Old Navy t-shirt of mine which had stretched out over time and was waiting to either be taken in, refashioned into something else, or donated.
Having learned from my first Quiara shirt, I shortened the neck band and sewed it to the shirt in the round. It was quite an improvement. Since my orange shirt was a little too short for the sleeves, I added white from another castaway to make sure the sleeves were long enough. I love the result!
For the Daytona Bike week shirt, I used the red t-shirt for the sleeves and then dipped into my stash for a knit Zebra print to make it girly. Here's the back. I was going to put the Bike Week emblem on the front, but didn't care for the placement, so it's just like the original t-shirt: large bike week emblem on back...